A car title loan can be used as a quick way to get funds1. This means a person who lives in Alabama and has a car registered to the state of Alabama they may be able to get a car title loan1. Each state that offers car title loans to its residents has its own set of rules and regulations. Alabama is no exception to car title loan regulations, and it may be helpful to know and understand them before seeking to get a car title loan.
When to Consider a Car Title Loan?
Before considering of a car title it may be useful to learn a little more about them. Car title loans may be a good option for some who do not qualify for a traditional loan, especially if the following applies:
- Bad Credit History – Car title loans are convenient for those with poor credit because unlike traditional loans, credit history is not a huge factor in determining eligibility.
- If A Car is Their Largest Asset- The value of the loan largely comes from the value of the car, for some that may mean getting much more than a traditional or unsecured loan.
- If Money is Needed Quickly- Funding for car title loans is very quick and funds may be receivable on the same day or the next business day.
What are the Rules/Regulations/Laws in Alabama?
Alabama has its own set of rules for its car title loan lenders and borrowers, other states may or may not follow the same rules:
- The Age of The Borrower – Unlike many states in the U.S, whose age to take out a car title loan is eighteen, in Alabama the borrower must be at least nineteen years old.
- Car Title loans Lenders Must Be Licensed – This is to protect the borrower incase the lender breaches the car title loan contract, it also protects the borrower from any other possible fraud.
- Interest Rates – The lender is only allowed to charge twenty five percent of the value of the car title loan (This rule is vastly different from other states in the U.S, as many lenders in other states have no cap to the interest they can charge).
- Repossession Laws – If the borrower does not repay the loan on time as agreed upon, the lender then has thirty days before they can reposes the borrower’s vehicle.
- Title Forfeit – Once the vehicle is repossessed, the vehicle’s title is automatically forfeited to the lender. In some other states the lender may sell the vehicle and uses it towards repayment of the loan. However, in the state of Alabama the borrower is NOT entitled to any of the funds the lender may get from selling the vehicle.
Is Alabama A Good Place to Get A Car Title Loan?
Getting a car title loan in Alabama may be a good idea for some. Alabama has a few rules in place to protect car title loan borrowers from possible predatory lenders. Alabama’s rules on car title loans also do a good job capping interest rates. However, before committing to a car title loan it may be best to look around at several lenders. This is because of the various variables involved with both the borrower and the lender. Finding a lender that will work with your specific vehicle, history and situation is very important. But why do all that work yourself when you can have Max Cash Title Loans do it for you5?
What Do I Need for A Car Title Loan in Alabama?
In order to get a car title loan in Alabama a borrower will need:
- A State I.D (driver’s license, passport etc.)
- Proof of Income
- Vehicle Inspection (places may ask for pictures of the vehicle, an in person inspection, or simply have a checklist to fill out online)
- Proof of residency
- Qualifying vehicle title
Why Use Max Cash Title Loans When Looking for A Car Title Loan in Alabama?
At Max Cash Title Loans, we connect people with lenders all across the United States, including the state of Alabama1. Here are a few reasons why we think you should use us:
- Are A Free Service
- Work Non-Traditional Hours
- Work With Many Lenders
- Can Save Time
- Keep Personal Information Safe
- May Be Able to Get The Best Deal4
With our trusted lenders in Alabama we may be to help find a place that will help get funds, quickly1. To get into contact with us: give a call at 855-561-5626 or send us an email at email@example.com
Car Title Loans in Alabama may be a good option for some people. Before committing to a car title loan it is important to understand the basics: these loans are usually best for individuals who cannot take out an unsecured loan (because of poor credit), and need a large amount of money, quickly. If a resident of Alabama is curious about taking out a car title loan, they should know that there are state regulations in place to protect them in the process. At Max Cash Title Loans we have filtered through the lenders and only work with honest businesses2. We can help connect the residents of Alabama with lenders efficiently and safely5.