If a resident of Rhode Island is looking for a way to obtain quick and easy funding they might be considering a car title loan. Car title loans are available across the United States, including the state of Rhode Island! Most people with a working car, reliable income, and a few pieces of important information could obtain a car title loan in Rhode Island. Before inquiring for a lender though, it may be helpful to know about the process.
What Are Car Title Loans?
Car title loans are a type of secured loan where a car’s title is put down as collateral. The amount of the loan comes from the value of the car and the borrower’s ability to pay back the loan. Car title loan lenders do not often check credit history because they have the security of the car’s title. To assess the value of the car being offered, lenders consider the car’s make, model, year, mileage, and condition. From that value, lenders will then look into whether the borrower could pay back the loan.
What to Pay Attention to when Looking for Car Title Loans in Rhode Island?
A car title loan requires the establishment of a contract. When looking into a car title loan, it’s important to pay attention to a couple things:
- The Interest Rate- Interest rates on title loans may be extremely high, so try to pay attention to both the monthly percentage rate (MPR) and the annual percentage rate (APR). These interest rates are a huge cost to consider when considering a car title loan.
- The Repayment Schedule- The contract will also have the terms of which the loan needs to be paid back in there. A borrower should pay attention to the monthly payment amount and really think about whether that payment is feasible in addition to any other expenses they may have.
How Could I Obtain a Car Title Loan in Rhode Island?
In order to obtain a car title loan in Rhode Island a person will have to possess a few documents and key pieces of information:
- A valid government-issued photo I.D. (a driver’s license, passport, state I.D.)
- Proof of income (pay stub, bank statements)
- A title to a qualified vehicle in their name
- Some type of vehicle inspection (in person, online, or through pictures)
Once a lender has received these documents they will then go ahead and determine eligibility.
Variations for Car Title Loans in Rhode Island
When it comes to car title loans or other forms of lending, regulations will often vary from state to state. Most states have the same basic regulations for lenders to ensure lenders practice fair lending. When it comes to Rhode Island, there are no major differences except for the loan amount.
Title loans in Rhode Island have a maximum value of $7,500. Other than that, there aren’t really any restrictions on car title loans in Rhode Island. Before taking out a car title loan it may be useful to take a look at the repossession laws of Rhode Island along with some additional information about car title loans.
What to Look For In a Car Title Loan Lender in Rhode Island?
When it comes to finding the right lender, it is important to pay attention to a couple of things:
- The Lender’s Reputation- This a huge component that should be used to filter through potential lenders. A lender’s reputability will give a borrower a glimpse into the pros and cons of working with that lender. Read customer reviews and look at how long a lender has been in the business.
- The Terms Being Offered– Review not only the amount being offered, but the interest and the repayment terms as well (this information should all be stated clearly in the contract).
- The Lender’s Flexibility– This is an important factor for many people- but many people do not think about loan flexibility until they cannot make a payment. Talk to the lender about any rollovers and what their protocol is when a borrower misses a payment.
Where Can I Obtain A Car Title Loan in Rhode Island?
There are several lenders that give out car title loans in Rhode Island and it may be confusing to know where to begin. What if there was a free service that filtered out the lenders for you? Max Cash Title Loans is exactly that service! We have connections to hundreds of reputable lenders all across the United States, including in Rhode Island.
We pride ourselves in customer service and the amount of time that we save our customers. To get started with a car title loan through one of our trusted lenders, text or call us: 855-561-5626. We offer extended hours every day of the week.
Before looking for a car title loan in Rhode Island, it is important to understand; what a title loan is, the details to pay attention to, the necessary documents needed to apply, and knowing where to find a lender. Once a person is knowledgeable about the process, they could find a title loan that best fits their financial needs and terms.