Car equity is essentially the value of a car for the owner. Most car owners in the United States have their vehicle financed through a loan. If this is the case, then equity can be can either positive or negative.
The differentiation occurs depending on whether a car is acquired through a loan, and how much is left to pay. People may be curious as to what the equity of their car is along with the factors that impact car equity. If a car is a person’s largest asset they may be wondering how the equity of their car could be used for obtaining extra funds.
How Does Car Equity and Car Ownership Work?
In car equity, the person/people/lender(s) on the title own the equity of the car. If there is more than one owner, or lien on the title then the equity of the vehicle is shared. Having to share equity usually occurs when a vehicle is financed.
What is Positive Equity and Negative Equity?
Positive equity or negative equity occurs if the car’s title is shared or was financed through a type of loan. Here is how these types of equity work:
- Positive equity is when the total value of the car is worth more than the value left to pay back on the loan.
- Negative equity is when the total value of the car is not worth more than the value left to pay back on the loan.
The good thing about equity is that it can move from negative to positive once more payments are made to the lender(s).
How Do I Determine the Equity of My Car?
To first thing to do when determining the equity of a car is figuring out the value of the vehicle. There are a few ways one can go about finding out a car’s value:
- Get an Appraisal in Person – Car dealerships may be able to figure out a car’s value once they take a look at it.
- Get an Online Appraisal – Online tools make it possible to determine the value of a car. Websites will ask for the make, the model, the year and mileage to come up with a value.
Once the value of the vehicle is determined, any amount due from financing/loans should be subtracted. This will determine the equity for the individual. If there is nothing left to be paid for the car then the entire value of the car becomes the equity for the individual.
How Can I Make Money From the Equity of My Vehicle?
If an individual has complete ownership of their vehicle they may be able to use it for extra funds. Car title loans may make it simple for people to get money quickly and easily. Car title loans are loans where a car’s title is put down as collateral. The value of the loan comes largely from the value of the car. Here a few reasons why people look to car title loans when looking to get funds from the equity of their car:
- The car title loan process is fairly simple and can only take a few minutes to begin
- Funds could be available the same day or in the following twenty-four hours
- Most title loan lenders do not focus on check credit
- Since the value of the loan comes from a car, the loan amount may be larger than other types of loans
How to increase the vehicle value of your car?
Although not every one of these factors that we looked at could be increased, (unless one can afford costly improvements or engine replacements/customizations) here are just some general tips that we at Max Cash Title Loans recommend that could increase the vehicle value of your car:
- Take care of your car: Avoiding any hazards when possible and making sure you take precautions when driving your car are just some ways and steps you could take when taking care for your car.
- Avoid bad habits: Pushing your breaks hard or keeping garbage that could stain the interiors of your vehicle are just some habits you should kick out to keep your car healthy and keep its condition in peak form.
- Always listen to service lights: Whether it’s an oil change or other warnings, listening to what your car is dealing with as early as possible can fix smaller issues that could end up being bigger problems later down the line.
- Save gas when you can: There will be times where you may not have to use your car to get to a place. Saving gas and miles on your car can keep more of the vehicle value in your car. Not to mention alternatives like using a bike could be a great way to get some cardio in!
- A clean car is a nicer car: Whether it’s a car wash or by hand, cleaning your car once a week or once a month will improve its external value and can keep your car looking brand-new.
Now that you have the right mindset and are ready to give information about your car to us, why is it beneficial to pick us when determining the value of your vehicle rather than other, similar services?
What Will I Need to Apply for a Title Loan?
If you’re considering applying for an online title loan, there are a few documents you will need prior to applying. While these items may vary between lenders, this is a brief overview of what you will need to start the process:
- A government-issued photo-ID (i.e., your driver’s license)
- Proof of residence (i.e., recent utility bills)
- Lien-free vehicle title
- Proof of income (i.e., recent pay stubs)
- Valid car insurance
- Pictures of your vehicle
Are You Ready to Apply with Max Cash Title Loans? Start Now!
At Max Cash Title Loans, we strive to work with as many individuals as possible. We also try to make the title loan process as simple and straightforward as possible.
Are you ready to start your application? Take a look at our quick loan process below!
Step 1: Apply
The first step is to apply online or speak with a loan specialist over the phone. You can also text us if it’s easier!
Step 2: Speak with a Loan Processor
After submitting your application for pre-approval, a loan specialist will contact you to discuss your application in-depth. Additionally, you may also discuss your financial needs, eligibility details, and you may need to submit additional personal information.
Step 3: Receive Approval
Following your conversation, a loan processor will get to work in finding you a title loan. Once we find a direct lender who matches your needs, we can work to get final approval for your application.
Step 4: Get Your Funding
Lastly, following loan approval, you can choose to receive your funds via check or direct deposit into your bank account or credit union! In most cases, this process can be complete in as little as one business day!
If you’re in a financial emergency where you need some fast cash, Max Cash Title Loans may be able to help. With our easy and straightforward personal loan process, we make the lending process easy for each and every one of our clients.2
Why should Max Cash Title Loans determine the vehicle value of your car?
We at Max Cash Title Loans feel we offer an in-depth analysis on how we determine the value of your car. With a combination of standard and enhanced information, some services offer this type of help in evaluating your car’s vehicle but could come at a cost!
By physically inspecting your vehicle and checking the car thoroughly, some of these services will charge for these types of appraisals. We do not charge a dime when we determine your vehicle value, and we don’t come to see your car!
We feel that whatever information you can give us about your car and any enhanced information is all we need to determine an estimation on the car’s value. Our customer service is also free, especially if you have questions about title loans or about whether your vehicle could qualify for a title loan to lenders.