Your car’s registration is an important part of car ownership and legal driving. Not only do you need it in order to continue driving it, but you will also need a car registration to get a title loan.
Not sure where your car’s registration is, and need new documentation? That can be simple! If you are ready to begin with a title loan right away start with the experts at Max Cash Title Loans! Instead of giving out title loans ourselves, we make it easy to connect with a vetted network of auto title loan lenders.5 We can also help you figure things out if you are missing a few documents.
Find out more about these loans and your car’s registration below.
Are a Vehicle Title and Car Registration the Same?
Although both the vehicle title and registration are both an important part of car ownership, they are different.
The registration of your vehicle connects you the driver to the vehicle, and it is needed for public road use. This connection can help with crime detection and taxation for example. Vehicle registrations will need renewal annually or every two years.
While your car title will provide proof of ownership and will display any loans or co-owners of the vehicle. A car title can be lien-free or have a lien on it. A clear title will not have an existing loan on it, while a title with a lien will. Unlike your vehicle’s registration, your car title does not need renewal. Instead, when the car is sold, used for a loan, etc. a title transfer will have to be done.
How Do I Renew My Car Registration?
As mentioned above, your car registration will have to be renewed. Renewing your vehicle’s registration is simple and can be through your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The process and the requirements will vary from state to state however they will be similar. Here is how the process will work:
1) Have the renewal letter that should be mailed to you and your current registration card.
2) Start the process online, over the phone, or in person. Fill out the necessary documentation.
3) Pay the fee, online, over the phone, by mail, or in-person.
What if I Have Misplaced my Car Registration Card?
Your registration card is required in many states in order to have a vehicle out on public roads. If you have lost your registration card. You can head to your DMV for assistance.
If you get a registration renewal letter in the mail it should come with a new registration ID Card.
Keep in mind that any major changes, such as a name change, change of address, etc. will need to be updated on your registration and your car’s title.
Why Do I Need Car Registration to Get a Title Loan, and What Other Documents will I Need?
Title loans are secured loans that use the value of your car for funding. Because the vehicle plays such an important part with the title loan application. An updated registration is important to the title loan process because it deems a car as road safe and provides important information to the lender.
In addition to an updated registration and car title, here are some of the documents you may need when applying for a title loan:
- Proof of income— documents such as pay stubs, bank statements, letter of income/ award letters etc. can all be used to provide proof of income.
- A State-Issued Photo ID — a driver’s license, a passport, FOID card, a green card etc.
- Proof of residence— bank statements, lease agreements, mail, utility bills, credit card bills, can all be used to provide proof of residency.
- A few references— you should have 2-3 references to provide for the loan application.
- Several pictures of the vehicle— you will be asked to take a few pictures of your vehicle, in order for the lender to determine the value of the vehicle.
- Proof of Insurance— your insurance ID card should suffice for proof of insurance.
The convenient thing about the process is that all these documents can be texted or emailed to us. And so, no need to leave the comfort of home for the application process. Keep in mind that, unlike personal loans and other bank loans, eligibility for a title loan is extremely flexible, and even if you don’t have everything from this list, do not hesitate to apply!
Why Work with Max Cash Title Loans?
When looking for a title loan, start with the #1 nationwide online title loan marketplace! Here are a few benefits that could come with our team and the lenders that we work with:
- Apply even with bad credit history or a low credit score.
- Low monthly payments4
- A hassle-free online application
- No prepayment penalties3
- Short-term loans or long-term loans4
- No hidden fees for borrowers3
- Competitive interest rates4
If you are ready to get started with the title loan process, or have any questions, get into contact with us! To apply for an online title loan simply head to our website and fill out an inquiry form or give us a call at: (855) 561-5626. We are here 7 days a week for your convenience, and once reaching out there is no obligation to continue the process!