If you are a car owner, you are probably familiar with the maintenance. Providing your car with regular upkeep is what it takes to keep your car in good shape. While many times car repairs are small and can be fixed yourself, other times the car repair could be much larger, and you may find yourself in need of emergency cash to pay for car repairs.
The good news is that when you work with Max Cash Title Loans, there may be many options available where you can get the emergency cash you need to repair your car! Below you’ll find more information on the different routes a car owner could go to fix up their vehicle after an unexpected emergency.
Check Auto Insurance Policies or Your Car Manufacturer Warranty
Many cases or emergency car repairs may be a result of a car accident. If the fault was yours, your insurance should be able to cover all, most, or some of the repair costs, depending on your auto insurance policy.
When another driver causes the accident, then their insurance should cover the costs for the auto repairs. Keep in mind that not all states require that you have auto insurance, but most do. It may also be helpful to know that, with an accident regardless of who is at fault, your insurance premiums may go up.
Car manufacturer warranties are kind of like insurance from the manufacturer. Whether you bought a new car or a used one, it probably came with some kind of manufacturer’s warranty.
There are all kinds of these warranties, for mileage, emissions, parts, and even for maintenance. In general, most policies will cover any issues that come up because of the way the car was put together.
For example, things like recalls should be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. However, things, like regular maintenance, regular wear and tear, environmental damage, and cosmetic issues will not be covered.
Look into Government Assistance for Emergency Cash or Other Forms of Assistance
For those on welfare, or low income families, there may be government assistance programs or assistance from non profits who can offer vouchers that can help pay for all kinds of car maintenance and repairs.
For those who need their vehicle to get to their place of work, Job Access and Reverse Commute, or JARC can help with transportation while your vehicle is out of service.
Look to a Loan for the Emergency Cash for Car Repair
Another option that you could look into is a loan to pay for car repair. Because everyone’s financial needs and credit score may be different, the same loan may not be a viable /good option.
However, it will be helpful to know the different options that are out there. Below are a few examples of different kinds of loans/ financing options:
personal loans can be used for a variety of reasons. They can come with all kinds of loan amounts, loan terms, and monthly payment plans. Look for a personal loan with online lenders, financial institutions (like a bank or a credit union), or private lenders. Some lenders may be online while others may have brick and mortar locations.
if you need a short term loan and have bad credit or bad credit history, a payday loan may be the route to go. When a payday loan is taken out, the lender may ask for one time withdrawal permission from your bank account, on your payday. If you need more time than a week to pay back your loan, a payday loan is probably not the best option for you.
you can use a credit card to pay for car repair. Depending on your card, you could also look into cash advance. When looking for a new credit card, expect a credit check. The credit card limit and interest rates will reflect your credit history.
Title loans are a type of secured lending that uses a vehicle as collateral. If your car is in working condition and have bad credit then a title loan may work for you! To find some most competitive rates on title loans start with the experts at Max Cash Title Loans.4
Talk to a Repair Shop about Payment Options
Many repair shops have partnered or work with outside financial institutions to provide their customers with essentially installment loans. You can always call and a shop, even before going in for the repair. Some repair shops may be comfortable with an extension. While others may be open to selling you used parts.
Tips to Save Money When Getting Your Car Repaired
When going to a repair shop/mechanic there are a few things you can do to prevent being overcharged for a service:
- Before picking a repair shop to work with, go to a few and a quote for the cost of repair. Although this will be just an estimate for the cost of repair, going to a few places can help you find a fair deal.
- Preventative maintenance can help in the future. For example, regular oil changes, checking fluid levels, fixing small dents or minor cracks, replacing brake pads and tires, etc.
- Check for low cost parts which can usually be found online.
Should I Try To Fix My Car Myself?
There are definitely repairs that most people can take on themselves. If you feel confident and equipped to do so, then you could potentially save some money. The most critical thing when dealing with car repair yourself is going to be the car owner’s manual.
There are specifics found in the manual when it comes to maintaining or repairing a vehicle. These specifics can mean the difference between a car properly working or creating irreversible damage.
The vehicle’s manual will have all the necessary information for finding the right parts for your vehicle. Here are some parts that will be outlined:
- The Battery When it is time to change your battery the manual will have the specifics needed for a new one. Everything from size to the brand of the battery.
- Checking the Fluids The fluids of the car can do everything from making sure a car runs smoothly to helping visibly while driving. The manual will show a person how to check and replace these fluids.
- Common Vehicle Issues The manual will have information about troubleshooting common issues such as a flat tire or a dead battery.
- Tire Pressure The manual will show a person how to check their tire pressure, and what it should be maintained at.
- Warning Lights When things go wrong in a car maintenance/warning lights will come on, the manual will have the information to understand what those lights mean, and then take the right course of action.
- Cleaning Tips The manual will have information about how to clean both the inside and outside a car without damaging the fabric or the paint.
When looking at a loan option to pay for car repairs, start with the experts at Max Cash Title Loans. We are the #1 Nationwide Title Loan Marketplace, and we make the loan process simple and fast.1 2 To get started, inquire about an online title loan on our website. Or give us a call at 1 855 561 5626 to speak to someone directly about getting fast funds for your car repair. 1 2