Personal injuries happen to people from all walks of life, and sometimes when you least expected. Sometimes these injuries can come with a cost, and if you don’t have funds, then you may be curious about the different routes you could go to get emergency cash for your personal injuries. Below is more information on the different approaches for getting the emergency cash you need to pay for personal injuries.
Getting Emergency Cash for Personal Injuries When a Third Party is Liable
When someone else is responsible for your injuries, then you can file a personal injury claim for funding. Here are a few scenarios and options for funds when a third party is liable for your personal injuries:
Emergency Cash from The Third Party’s Insurance Company
There are a few scenarios that can make it possible for funds from an insurance company:
- An Auto Accident if you are in a car accident because of someone else, then their auto insurance should be able to cover the cost of any personal injuries as well as damage to your vehicle.
- If you are an Accident Victim in Someone’s Home in some cases, if you are injured in someone’s’ home, their homeowner’s insurance should be able to handle a personal injury case and get you funds to cover any expenses related to that.
- If you Get a Personal Injury in a Small Business or A Larger One if you are an injury victim in a place of business, insurance from them may be able to cover the expenses.
Although insurance claims may not always cover your injury, there is no risk of filing a personal injury claim.
Legal Funding from a Lawsuit
If the individual/business causes you injury but does not have insurance to cover the expenses, then instead of filing an insurance claim, you will have to file a lawsuit against the liable person /persons/ party. Many people work with a lawyer/law firm when filing a lawsuit. There may be some upfront fees to pay when working with a lawyer, but in many cases, they can help you get the most from your lawsuit settlement.
In some cases, the liable party may just cover the entire value of your case without needing you to file a lawsuit. In this scenario, it will be helpful to have legal representation and things like written agreements. Once everything is settled, you should get the proper amount of lawsuit funding.
Medical Malpractice Funding
Medical malpractice is another area someone else may be liable for serious injury and sometimes even for wrongful death. Whether you are filing for yourself or a family member, the good news is that hospitals in the United States cover their physicians/surgeons.
However, other medical staff, like nurses and other medical assistance, may not be covered by insurance. And so, depending on the insurance status, you can either file a medical malpractice insurance claim or a lawsuit against the individual/practice depending on the injury.
Paying for Personal Injuries That Happen While Working
If you fell to an injury while working, then worker’s compensation may be able to help.
How Worker’s Compensation Works, and How it Could Help you get Emergency Cash for Personal Injuries
Worker’s compensation kind of works like an insurance for an employer. In most scenarios, any business that has employees is required to have this type of insurance. If an employee is injured during work, they will cover the costs associated with treating the injury as well as rehabilitation if necessary. If you do receive an injury at work, it is extremely important to report it right away and fill out the proper paperwork for the claim.
In the event you miss work due to the injury, the insurance company will cover a portion of your pay so you can take care of your financial needs. Employees are also required to provide accommodation as the employee returns to work along with the worker’s comp. Small businesses have other federal resources that can help them pay for the cost of injury.
The SBA (small business administration) is a government agency that provides resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Programs like EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan), Covid 19 relief, and other resources can help take the burden and financial pressure off the business owner when they have an injured employee.
Getting Emergency Cash for Personal Injuries When a Third Party is Not Liable
Personal injuries can happen without anyone else being involved, and in some cases, it may be caused by the person themselves. Here are a few options when you are responsible for taking care of personal injury:
Health insurance can help pay for all kinds of personal injuries. Get into touch with your insurance provider, who can offer you information on your coverage, deductibles, and payment options.
Funds from a Health Care Savings Account
Another option to use if you have access to it is your health care savings account. A health care savings account or HSA puts funds away onto a card from your paycheck. The funds from this account can be useful for a variety of different expenses.
Loan Options for Emergency Cash
If you don’t have health insurance or a health care savings account, another option to consider for emergency cash is a loan. A loan can also cover any costs that can come with filing a lawsuit or a claim. There are all kinds of loans that can work. When looking for a personal injury loan, it will be a food idea to fund a trusted funding company, and research the loan program:
- Personal Loans personal loans are some most traditional loans and versatile options out there. They can be useful for a variety of different expenses and can come with all kinds of interest rates, repayment terms, and loan amounts. Personal loans can be found from a bank, credit union, or a private lender. Some lenders may specialize in lawsuit loans or legal funding.
- Title Loans title loans use the equity of a vehicle to make funding available. These loans are a good option for fast funding and work well for those who have bad credit or are concerned about a credit check. Instead of focusing on your credit score, lenders will pay attention to the value of your vehicle, your income, and your ability to repay the loan. With title loans, you can apply online, and once approved, the funds can be made available as soon as the next business day!
- Home Equity Loans home equity loans use the value of a home to secure funds. These may not work for everyone, as they often require a home inspection which could mean a longer timeframe than other lending options.
- Credit Cards like personal loans, credit cards can vary quite a bit in how they can be used, rates, credit limits, and repayment terms. With some credit cards, you can get a cash advance, which is helpful when you need funds upfront.
- Payday Loans payday loans are secured with the borrower’s paycheck, and like title loans, they work well for bad credit.
Assistance Programs for Personal Injuries
In addition to the options above, there are assistance programs you can look into:
- Government Assistance there are all kinds of state level and federal level assistance programs for low income individuals, families, veterans, seniors, or any American facing financial hardship while dealing with medical expenses.
- Low Cost Clinics low cost clinics operate all across the United States. They try to offer services for free or at a much lower cost than going to another hospital/medical practice.
- Help from Non Profits many nonprofits are out there to help cover some or all of your medical expenses. Do some research and apply where you fit the criteria.
- Fundraising if you have a large social media outreach, online fundraisers are another option to consider. Your friends, family members, and even strangers can donate as little or as much as they would like. There are many online platforms out there those host medical fundraisers. Many of them are also free and easy to set up and link to your social media accounts.
A lot of help can come from local and federal programs. Therefore, it may be worth looking into if you need them. For a serious injury, and long term setbacks, filing disability may be an option.
Payment Options with Medical Bills with The Hospital/Clinic
Medical bills can be another huge part of personal injury expenses. In addition to the treatment, they will usually include the cost of staying at the hospital and prescription drugs. The flexible thing about most hospitals is that they tend to be accommodating with repayment.
When you do receive your bills, and the repayment doesn’t fit your needs, contact the clinic/hospital for payment options. In addition to this, you’ll want to double check the charges on your medical bills.
When you need emergency cash for personal injuries, the first step is to figure out who is liable. From here, you can figure out if you need to get the emergency cash yourself. You can also ask for help, file a claim with insurance, or file a lawsuit to cover those costs.
When considering a loan for emergency cash, start with Max Cash Title Loans. As the #1 nationwide title loan marketplace can do all the hard work of applying, saving you tons of time. To learn more about our team, give us a call seven days a week at 1 855 561 5626. To apply for a title loan right away, head to our website!
Once you get the cash you need, you can use it right away. It can help pay off any medical bills or to seek long term treatment. With serious injuries, you may have to consider filing for disability as an option as well.