Have cold symptoms due to coronavirus or the flu? When you need emergency cash to pay for cold medicine, then you may be thinking out your cash options if your emergency fund won’t cover it.
Over the counter, cold medicine should be fairly easy to afford. However, in some cases, with prescription cold medicine, the costs may be higher. An emergency loan, health insurance, and assistance programs may be able to help. Below is more information on the different ways of getting emergency cash to pay for cold medicine.
Health Insurance and Pharmacy Assistance for Emergency Cash to Pay for Cold Medicine
If you have health insurance provided by a private company or health care/insurance funded through the gov. (Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP), then you should be able to get help from them for prescription medication costs.
For those who have gov. funded insurance, then, Medicare Part D is the program that will help with prescription/drug costs.
If you have a health savings account, you can also use the funds for either over the counter cold medicine or prescription medications.
How You Can Save with Your Pharmacy
In addition to health insurance, there are a few things you can do with the pharmacy in which you get your medication:
- Pharmacy Prescription Savings Card. Many pharmacies/grocery stores with pharmacies have their own prescription savings card. And there are also private ones you can use across several pharmacies.
- Check Out Several Pharmacies. Pharmacies can vary with their pricing for certain medications, and so it may save you money with prescription meds.
- Switch from Brand Name to Generic Medications. Name brand meds are usually much more expensive than their generic forms. So definitely ask your pharmacists about the generic alternative to name brand medications. ‘
Even though health insurance and pharmacy savings can help, sometimes they may not be able to cover the copay costs, and so other options may need to be considered in addition to these programs.
Assistance Programs that Can Help Pay for Cold Medicine
There are all kinds of assistance programs out there that can help you pay for prescription costs. Here are a few options:
- The CARES ACT. The CARES ACT was added to provide relief for COVID 19/ the coronavirus pandemic for families, small business owners, and individuals all across the nation. In addition to stimulus checks, the CARES ACT reduced regulations for insurance for over the counter drugs.
- RxHope. RXHope can help with assistance programs when it comes to a specific medication.
- TANF. TANF may be able to help those with low income with prescription of over the counter drugs, and other cash assistance or emergency assistance.
- RxAssist. Along with providing a directory for government and private assistance programs, Rx Assist can help with information on drug saving cards, co payment programs.
- Non Profit Organizations. There are all kinds of nonprofits that you can apply for when you need assistance for the medicine you need to feel better. Head online and find out about all the resources out there.
Crowdfunding for Emergency Cash to Pay for Cold Medicine
Another option that may want to consider is crowdfunding. Crowdfunding works with an online platform where you can set up a goal for fundraising. Any family members, friends, or even strangers that can donate so you can get the meds that you need.
Taking Out A Loan to Pay for Cold Medicine
Another option to consider when you need emergency cash for medication is taking out a loan. Here are a few loans that may work for emergency situations:
- Personal Loans. Personal loans can be used for a variety of reasons, can come with all kinds of loan amounts, loan terms, and monthly payment plans. Look for these loans, for online lenders, financial institutions like a bank or a credit union, or private lenders that have brick and mortar locations.
- Credit Cards. You can use a credit card to pay for medications, or you can take out a cash advance if you have a credit card that offers it. When looking for a new credit card, expect a credit check. The credit card limit and interest rates will reflect your credit history.
- Payday Loans. If you need a short term loan and have bad credit or bad credit history, a payday loan may be the route to go. When a payday loan is taken out, the lender may ask for one time withdrawal permission from your bank account when the funds are due.
- Title Loans. Title loans are a type of secured lending that is secured with a vehicle. If your car is in working condition, you have bad credit and need cash as soon as the next business day, a title loan may work for you. Once the loan is paid back, you’ll get ownership of the vehicle back.
- Talk to Friends and Family Members. Another loan option to consider may be borrowing from friends or family. This kind of financial assistance can be easier to pay off, as the average person won’t ask for interest on the amount borrowed. Additionally, in some cases, you may not have to pay the funds back if it is a gift.
When Looking for a Title Loan, Start with Max Cash Title Loans
If you think that a title loan is the right option for cold medicine costs, start with Max Cash Title Loans. We are the #1 nationwide title loan marketplace. Because of the way that we operate, we can save you tons of time and make the process simple. Below are some benefits that could come with the lenders that we work with:
- Low Monthly Payments. The monthly payments with the lenders that we work with are low from beginning to end.4
- Competitive Interest Rates. The interest rates are highly competitive. 4
- Flexibility with Repayment. With the lenders we work within our network, you can repay the loan as early as you’d like without any fees or penalties. 3 4 On the flip side, you could have more time than the average year with other title loans.
- A Completely Online Process. From beginning to end, the entire process can be completed from the comfort of home.
- Funding Available within 24 hours Once Approved. Once you are approved for a title loan with a lender, you could have the funds you need for your medication in as little as 24 hours! 1 2 5
The Max Cash Title Loan Process
Here is what the title loan process looks like when working with the lenders that we work with and us:
- Inquire for an Online Title Loan. The first step of the process is going to be reaching out to our team at Max Cash Title Loans. This can usually be done online or over the phone.
- Talk to a Loan Agent and Send in Some Documents. The next step will be to discuss the process with a loan agent, which you can do, as we will reach out to you. Once we know about what you are looking for with the loan process, we can begin the search for a title loan lender. 5
- Apply with a Direct Lender. After talking to the direct lender, you want to move forward. You’ll have to submit a few documents verifying income, ownership of the vehicle, and your identity. After that, a loan agent will let you know whether you have been approved!
- Review and Sign the Title Loan Contract. Once approved, the funds can be sent straight to a checking account, pick up the funds at a MoneyGram, or have the funds mailed to you. 1 2 And you can use it for medical bills, medical/ first aid supplies, or for the medication that you need.
Apply for the Emergency Cash to Pay for Cold Medicine
When your emergency savings don’t cut it for the over the counter or prescription cold medicine you need, then you’ll have to look elsewhere. The good news is that there are many places to begin.
When looking for emergency cash through a title loan, start with the experts at Max Cash Title Loans. Apply for an online title loan right away!