Health insurance can make the cost of getting health care more affordable, and in some cases, it can also mean the difference between affording medications and chronic treatment. If you need emergency cash to pay for health insurance, you may be wondering where you can start.
There are all kinds of different options for emergency cash or other ways to save with health insurance providers. Below you’ll find out about low-cost health insurance, online loan options for emergency cash, and other ways to make ends meet, so you can get the medical help your need.
Lowering Your Health Insurance Costs if You Already Have a Provider
If you already have a health insurance provider, you may want to look at your policy and see if there is anything like additions to the policy/your health plan that you can remove to lower the monthly cost of your insurance. Sometimes switching insurance policies or even insurance companies as a whole (from the health insurance marketplace) can also mean saving on your insurance premium.
However, keep in mind that this may mean lower coverage for medical bills/ chances with the treatments that are covered. And so, before switching or adjusting plans make sure to review things like coverage and high deductibles.
Low-Cost Health Insurance Options That Could Save You Cash
For those who are struggling to pay for private insurance, there are low-cost insurance options offered through federal and programs, here are the major options:
- Medicare—Medicare provides insurance coverage if you are 65+ or under 65 and have a disability, no matter your income.
- Medicaid —Medicaid provides health insurance for adults who are low income.
- CHIP— CHIP is low-cost insurance for children/childcare-related medical costs, for needy families.
- COBRA— If you lose your health insurance because of a job loss, COBRA can help extend the policy or give you an option through the health insurance marketplace. In this scenario, any dependents are also kept on with the coverage.
How Talking to Your Health Care Provider May Help
Whether you have insurance coverage/ an insurance plan or don’t— sometimes you may find that you cannot pay for the entire cost upfront.
The good news is that most medical providers/clinics/hospitals may be willing to provide payment plans for medical care and medical expenses. Additionally, you may be able to lower your costs if you ask for a clear outline/invoice for all the charges (as mistakes may be made with a medical bill).
In some cases, CareCredit may be an option that you can use. CareCredit is a credit card that can only be used for medical expenses. Many medical providers work through CareCredit to deal with their payment options.
Non-Profit Organizations for Emergency Cash to Pay for Health Insurance
If you need assistance to pay for your health insurance there are several non-profits that can help, or help you connect with low cost or free clinics/hospitals. Here are are a few non-profits to reach out to:
- The Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund
- Cancer Care Co-pay Assistance Foundation
- The Pan Foundation
- The Health Well Foundation
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Medical Billing advocates
- The Cancer Care Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
- Contact Your Local or Social Service Agencies
For more assistance options, check out the federal government resources list.
Loan Options that Can Help for Emergency Cash to Pay for Health Insurance
For some people, an emergency loan may work best for cash assistance when paying for health insurance costs/a medical emergency. Here are a few loan options that you may want to consider:
- Credit Cards— credit cards can be used for all kinds of expenses, including paying for bill payments or other care costs related to a hospital visit or stay.
- Personal Loans—personal loans can be used for all kinds of expenses, and they can be found in a variety of places, like a bank, a private lender, or
- Payday Loans— payday loans are a type of secured lending that work well for those who have less than perfect credit and need a short-term loan. In some cases, you may want to
- Car Title Loans—car title loans work well for those who don’t have the best credit history. They are secured with the borrower’s vehicle.
If a car title loan sounds like the right option for you, start with Max Cash Title Loans. At Max Cash Title Loans instead of being a direct lender, we are the #1 nationwide title loan marketplace. Because of the way that we operate we can save a ton of time and effort for those who reach out to us. We do all the hard work for you, and our services are free to use.
Benefits of Working with Max Cash Title Loans
Here are some benefits that could come with the title loans that we service:
- Low Monthly Payments 4
The monthly payments with the lenders that we work offer title loans that have low monthly payments. And so, you can borrow the funds you need, while still focusing on building or maintaining your safety net as well as taking care of your daily living expenses.
- Competitive Interest Rates 4
The interest rates with the loans we work with are highly competitive from beginning to end.
- A Fast Process
The initial inquiry process only takes a few minutes, and the whole process is usually less than an hour. Once approved for a title loan with a lender, the funds can be made available as soon as 24 hours. 1 2
- Honesty and Transparency Throughout the Process
From beginning to end, we will be as transparent as possible about what your loan will look like, and that goes for any lenders that we choose to work with.
- Flexibility with Repayment 4
You can repay the title loan as early as want without any penalties or fees.3 And repayment can range depending on your needs.4
- No Hidden Fees 3
When working with the lenders in our marketplace, there are never any hidden fees. 3 And so you never have to worry about extra charges or balloon payments at the end of your loan. 3
- Keep and Drive Your Vehicle
While repaying your title loan you can keep and drive your vehicle, making the title loan process as convenient as possible.
- A Completely Online Process
The entire title loan process can be done from beginning to end from the comfort and security of your home. Even the funds, once you are approved, can be sent to you.
Apply for the Assistance that You Need When Your Emergency Fund Won’t Cut It
When you need to pay for health coverage for yourself or a family member, and your savings account will not cover it, there are several options out there.
Look into your health insurance premiums and coverage policy, or switch to a new provider altogether. For those who are disabled, Medicare may be the right option. While for those who are low income, Medicaid may work. Other options include non-profit organizations or an emergency loan for cash. If a title loan sounds like the right option for you then start with Max Cash Title Loans. To get started head to our website and apply for an online title loan or give a call/send us a text at our phone number: 855-561-5626.