Need emergency cash to pay for the utility bills? Chances are, that you aren’t alone. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many Americans are finding themselves in need of financial assistance. If you need help paying for your utility bills, you may be wondering where to start.
Well, there are several options out there, some that may work for your specific situation. From assistance programs to emergency loan options, here are a few ways to keep your utilities from being shut off.
How Contacting Your Utility Company May Help
Many utility companies can be quite flexible when it comes to payment options. Things like payment plans for fees owed can help keep utilities on, while you catch up with late payments, or things like extensions may be offered.
Every utility provider may work a little differently than one another, so talk to your provider about potential options.
Where Can I Get Financial Assistance for Utility Bills
Due to the pandemic, many low-income individuals and low-income households are struggling. The good news is that there are many assistance programs out there, that can help low-income households or even those who just need help to get by during this unprecedented time.
Below are some assistance programs that may be able to help with utility bills:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) — LIHEAP can help low-income households cover costs with their utility bills and other kinds of utility assistance.
- How HUD Can Help—HUD can help homeowners and renters with all kinds of costs. Because of the pandemic, they may offer additional mortgage or rent assistance.
- Temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) — this program can help low-income families, who need all kinds of assistance, including help to keep the utilities on.
- The CARES ACT —the CARES Act was passed to help Americans across the nation. In addition to stimulus checks, additional funds were added to unemployment benefits for those who lost their job during the Coronavirus.
- Your Local Social Services Agency —your local social services agency can help you connect with resources in your community, along with national or state-run programs that you may not be able to find on your own.
Non-Profit Organization Assistance to Look Into
Below are some nonprofits that can help you get the emergency cash you need to pay for utility bills or utility payments:
- The Salvation Army
- The United Way
- Your Local Religious Groups
Loan Options for Emergency Cash to Pay for Utility Bills
In some cases, getting a loan may be the right option for you. The great thing about lending is that the process can begin quickly, and in some cases, the funds could be made available the very same week, or sometimes on the same day. Here are a few loan types that you can consider:
- Credit Cards—credit cards can be a good way to pay for things, especially if you have a credit card that you can use. One advantage with credit cards is cash advances, which can be taken out at any atm.
- Title Loans —title loans work by using the borrower’s vehicle as collateral. Instead of focusing on credit history, title loan lenders will look at the value of your vehicle, your ability to repay the loan, and your income.
- Personal Loans —personal loans can be used for a variety of different expenses, are some more common types of lending out there, you can look to your bank, private lenders, or credit union.
- Payday Loans —payday loans work by using the borrower’s paycheck as collateral. These loans are meant to be short-term, and like title loans, your credit history is not a huge factor.
- Business Loans—when dealing with utility payments for your business, a business loan could get you the financial assistance you are looking for.
Why Start with Max Cash Title Loans for a Title Loan?
If you think a title loan is a right option for you, start with Max Cash Title Loans.
At Max Cash Title Loans, we are #1 nationwide title loan marketplace in the United States. We work hard to connect people with the right title loan lender for them. 4 5
Once approved for a title loan, the funds can be made available as soon as the next business day. 1 2
Here are some benefits that you can look forward to with Max Cash Title Loans, and the lenders we work with:
- Competitive Interest Rates 4
The interest rates with these loan lenders that we work with are highly competitive, and so you can take care of your energy bills/ get the bill assistance you need, without falling behind with your finances. 4
- Low Monthly Payments 4
The monthly payments for these title loans are kept low from beginning to end. 4
- No Hidden Fees 3
There are never any hidden fees with repayment. 3
- Bad Credit is Okay
Credit history is not a huge factor for eligibility requirements. Instead, to be as inclusive as possible, the loan agents will focus on the value of the vehicle, the applicant’s ability to repay the loan, and the applicant’s income.
- No Prepayment Penalties 3
You can pay off your loan early without any penalties. 3
- A Fast Process
The entire inquiry process can be done in about less than an hour so you can get the emergency assistance that you need quickly. 5
- Flexibility with Repayment 4
You can get a range of repayment options/payment plans for your title loan, when working with lenders from our marketplace. 4
Inquire About the Cash Assistance That You Need
When you need cash assistance for your energy costs, and your emergency fund won’t cover it, don’t panic. There are several options out there that can get you the financial help that you need.
Options like government programs, payment assistance with your utility company, or even a loan option could get you the assistance that you need.
If a title loan sounds like the right option for you, start with Max Cash Title Loans. Head online and inquire about an online title loan or give us a call at 855-561-5626. Once approved, you could get the funds that you need to take care of your utility bills. 1 2