Need emergency cash to pay the phone bill? Well, you are not alone. Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, many Americans are having difficulty paying their all kinds of bills, like utility bills, rent, mortgage payments, car payments, and even their monthly phone bill.
The good news is that there may be several ways to get the emergency cash you need to pay the phone bill. There are assistance programs, negotiating with your service provider, and even an emergency loan. Below is more information on these options.
Assistance Programs for Emergency Cash to Pay the Phone Bill
There are many assistance programs that can help individuals and families that need cash for necessities and their bills:
Here are a few state-run, federal assistance programs that can help with bills:
- The CARES ACT. Due to the Coronavirus, there are many government assistance programs that have been added to or created. Many of them are under the CARES ACT, a government program to provide emergency relief for Americans during the pandemic. Under the CARES ACT, you can get all kinds of financial assistance, even if you weren’t considered a low-income household before the pandemic.
Through the CARES ACT, in addition to cash assistance through stimulus checks (whose first round is still being distributed, and a second in the works), the federal government has set up mortgage assistance, eviction protection for renters, food assistance, child care, and additional unemployment benefits.
These are just the basics of some policies in place. With this assistance, you may be able to get the extra cash you need to make your phone bill payment.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). This program can help low-income families with all kinds of expenses, including bill payments. A very helpful resource for families who are in need of assistance. SNAP is also a part of this program.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) assists eligible low-income households with their heating and cooling energy costs, bill payment assistance, energy crisis assistance, weatherization
and energy-related home repairs.
Nonprofit Organizations That Can Help
Below are a few non-profits to look into:
- United Way. The United Way operates all across the country to help with all kinds of financial crisis for low-income communities. They can help with medical care, utility bills, social services, and even connect people with low-cost options.
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is mainly known for its housing assistance; however, they also provide financial assistance.
- Community Action Agencies. You can do a google search of the different community action agencies in your area, along with financial assistance, they can help in various other ways.
- Local Non-Profit Organizations. There may be more resources in your local community, do some research, and find out whether they will work for you.
- Religious Organizations. Many religious groups try to serve people in their community. If you are a part of any, ask for the help that you need.
Talking to Your Service Provider or Switching Plans to Cut Costs
Your phone bill will vary largely based on your service provider, and so it may be helpful to call them and ask about the different ways you can lower your monthly payments. Things like data, the number of people on a plan, the type of plan you are on, the phone you have, and usage can all impact your phone bill. And in some cases, by talking to our service provider, you can get rid of options that you don’t use to save money.
Additionally, you may want to look into switching carriers if it can save you a good amount of money, both short-term and longer. For those who work for companies, your employer may cover partial or full costs of a phone plan as a benefit. If you are self-employed, then you may be able to get your cell phone and its service through business funds, rather than your personal funds.
How an Emergency Loan Can Help You Pay the Phone Bill
There are many loan options out there that can help you get the emergency cash that you need. Here are a few examples to look into:
- Credit Cards. Credit cards for those with good credit. They generally, come with some lowest interest rates with lending, and because of the wide range of funding amounts, this can be another great lending option to consider
- Personal Loans. Personal loans can help with all kinds of emergency expenses. Keep in mind that your credit score should be in fair or good condition in order to get through the application process.
- Student Loans. If you need to have your phone for school and are a student, then you may be able to use student loans or financial aid in order to pay your phone bill.
- Car Title Loans. A car title loan uses the equity of the borrower’s vehicle to make funding available. These loans can make a large amount of funding available in a very short time. Be prepared to pay back the amount in a month or so, along with interest.
- Payday Loans. Payday loans are secured by the borrower’s paycheck. The amount that a payday loan can make available is usually a couple of hundred dollars, so if your debt is far more than that, consider another option.
- Secured Personal Loans. These work just like regular personal loans, except there, is an asset involved (the borrower can choose what they want to offer), and the interest rates tend to be higher.
Start with Max Cash Title Loans for Emergency Cash
If a title loan seems like the right option for you, start with Max Cash Title Loans. We are the #1 nationwide title loan marketplace. Because of the way we operate, we can make the title loan process simple, fast, and convenient.
Here are a few other perks that you could get when working with the title loan lenders that we work with and us:
- Competitive Interest Rates 4
- Low Monthly Payments 4
- A Simple Online Process
- No Hidden Fees 3
- No Prepayment Penalties 3
- Flexibility with Repayment 4
Here is how the title loan process will work:
- Apply for a title loan
- Discuss details with a loan agent
- Find out approval with a lender.
- Once approved, get the funds that you need 1 2
And so, as you can see, the entire process is just a few simple steps, and there is no obligation to continue after you talk to us. Let us help you with the right title loan for your needs!
Apply for the Emergency Cash to Pay the Phone Bill, That You Need
No matter what emergency cash option you are looking for to pay the phone bill, the best thing you can do is get the ball rolling right away. Our smartphones do so much more than help us speak to others, and are an important part of learning, navigating, working, and connecting to the ones we love.
If a title loan seems like the right option to get your phone service again, start with Max Cash Title Loans. To get started, head online and apply for an online title loan, or give us a call at 1-855-561-5626.