If you have bad credit and need emergency cash, you may be wondering about how to get it. Well, the good news is that there are emergency cash options available regardless of your credit score.
Bad credit loans may work for you when you need emergency cash, but don’t have the best credit history. Below you’ll find more information on the different bad credit lending options for emergency cash you need!
What To Expect with an Emergency Bad Credit Loan?
Before looking into emergency loans, it may be helpful to know about the general characteristics of the ones that are made for bad credit.
- In most cases with a bad credit loan, there will be some kind of asset involved (for a title loan, the asset used as collateral would be the vehicle).
- When it comes to the length of bad credit loans, in most scenarios, they tend to be short term when compared to the average personal loan/unsecured loan. However, with lending like title loans, terms usually can be extended if needed.
Although credit score/credit history may not play a role with eligibility for these loans, some lenders may still want to conduct a credit check with the major credit bureaus/credit reporting agencies. In most cases, this is to check the credit report to determine whether the applicant will be able to handle monthly repayment.
What Are Some Bad Credit Loans to Get Emergency Cash?
There are actually a few types of poor credit loans that you may be able to choose from. You can also choose to go with either online lenders or by visiting a direct lender in person.
Here are a few bad credit score loan types that you may come across on your search for emergency cash:
- Secured Personal Loans secured personal loans, work as the average personal loan with the major difference involving an asset used as collateral. They can range quite a bit in the loan amount, loan terms, repayment terms, and can be used for a wide variety of expenses. The asset involved with this type of loan can be any type of asset that has equity, that will be at the discretion of the direct lender that you inquire with.
- Title Loans title loans use the borrower’s vehicle in order to make funding available. When the loan is taken out you’ll have to provide the lender with the car’s title. In most cases, as long as you make your monthly payments by their date, you’ll be able to continue driving your car, while repaying the title loan.
- Payday Loans Payday loans make funding available by using a borrower’s paycheck as collateral. These loans are usually for a few hundred dollars and are short term loans due at your next payday. Something to note is that terms for payday loans can be very short and inconvenient.
- Home Equity Loans Home equity loans are secured with the value of the borrower’s home. These cash loans may work for those higher priced emergency expenses.
- Secured Credit Cards or Credit Cards with Higher Interest There are credit cards out there that can use an asset while providing funds. There are also credit cards that are available to inquire about even with bad credit.
Cash advances from credit cards can be highly useful in a financial emergency, and for some, that usage trumps the high loan rates that can come with these credit cards.
What Will the Bad Credit Loan Process Generally Entail?
The first step with finding a bad credit loan is going to be finding a lender to work with.
You can go with a direct lender or a loan marketplace. No matter where you decide to look, chances are that you’ll have to submit information. Lenders will ask about your finances, the loan amount you are looking for, and details on the asset.
Next, the lender/ loan referral service will need to inspect the asset to come up with a value. If you want to move forward, you will have to send in documents, and give the lender permission for a credit check. Once approved, you’ll get your funds!
Keep in mind some lending types are faster than others, but bad credit loans tend to be faster than unsecured personal loans.
A Direct Lender or a Referral Service for A Bad Credit Loan?
Not sure what kind of bad credit lender is right for you? Here are some pros and cons of direct lenders, and a loan referral service:
- Direct Lenders When working with a direct lender you don’t get to compare similar loan terms and interest rates. Additionally, even if you go through the inquiry process, you may not be eligible, which can mean valuable time lost.
- Referral Service when working with a referral service you could look forward to all kinds of different interest rates, loan amounts, and loan terms.
Additionally, the loan process can be a little more personalized with a referral service. As the referral service will ask you what you are looking for, and then try to cater to that. The Max Cash Title Loan service is also absolutely free!
Alternatives to Bad Credit Loans
A loan may not be a good option for everyone, here are a few alternatives to consider:
- Paycheck advances from your employer
- With things like medical bills/dental bills, look into payment plans
- Look around at charities, government assistance programs, religious groups, or other community services that are meant to help those facing financial hardship.
- If an option, look into borrowing from friends or family.
Sometimes you may find yourself in a situation where your emergency fund just won’t be able to cover an emergency. When looking to get emergency cash with bad credit, it may be a little confusing to know where to begin. The great news for those looking is that there may be plenty of options to consider. Bad credit loans may be one option, while alternative solutions may be helpful as well.
If you do choose to go the loan route, before deciding on a loan type and a lender, it is going to be extremely important to research both things. If you have the time, take it to compare loan terms. Also, make sure to compare lenders to find the right one for your emergency needs. Or, you can utilize the free service at Max Cash Title Loans, the #1 Nationwide Title Loan Marketplace. To get things started head to our website and apply for an online title loan. Or you can give us a call 1 855 561 5626.
When choosing an alternative to a bad credit loan, things may seem confusing. But after some research picking a bad credit loan could be easy. Simply go with the one that makes the most sense for the type of emergency that you are facing.