Wondering how to get an auto title loan? You’ll be surprised to learn it’s much less paperwork and personal information than some traditional loan options. Auto title loans are short-term loans in which the borrower’s car can be used as collateral against the debt. People with all credit types are encouraged to inquire about car title loans in Florida. But what if you need to learn how to transfer a car title in Florida?
Your car’s title is the most important part of the loan, and you may not qualify for cash without it.5 Borrowers often have a common question: What if your name is not on the title? The guide below will point you in the right direction. Let Max Cash Title Loans educate you on the process! Keep reading for more information.
Title Ownership Verification is Important
The status of the title will also matter when someone is looking to qualify for an online auto title loan. In most cases, an applicant needs to have a car that is fully paid off with no other liens on the title before we can give them the loan amount.
By law, you cannot offer security on an asset you do not rightfully own. So, in a short-term loan, you must own the vehicle you use as collateral to get a secured loan. However, you can still apply for a car title loan if you are financing your vehicle. But if you are no longer financing it, you must have the title in your name at the time of inquiry. A title is a legal document showing ownership and must be accurate for any lender to proceed with an auto title loan. If someone else’s name also appears on the title in addition to yours, there are some things to verify:
- If your name is listed on the title with the word “and” separating your name and the other’s, you may still be able to be considered for a loan, so long as the other owner submits their documentation in addition to your own.
- If your name is listed on the title with the words “or” in-between, the other person is not required to submit their information for you to be considered for a loan.
- The title should match the name on your driver’s license
Learn How to Transfer a Car Title in Florida
You need to take different steps to learn how to transfer a car title in Florida. Ownership rights of a vehicle must get transferred from one person to another. You can start with a vehicle title transfer application through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
To successfully transfer a car title in Florida, both the seller and purchaser of the vehicle must show paperwork. You may need the following documents:
- A vehicle title provided by the seller
- An application for a Certificate of Title with/without Registration
- A notarized bill of sale
- Payment for all applicable fees
- Lien release
Please note that vehicles in Florida may be required to undergo a safety inspection every year to be fully compliant.
Can You Apply for a Title Loan Without a Title in Florida?
You can apply for a duplicate Florida vehicle title if you are missing your vehicle’s title.
If you don’t initiate the vehicle title transfer, you can document the sale of your vehicle by obtaining the necessary information, such as the date, price, the buyer’s name, and your name.
If you financed your vehicle, the vehicle title must include information regarding the lender or lien holder. For a vehicle sale to be legal in Florida, the seller must transfer the vehicle title to the buyer in Florida.
My Car Title Was Signed, But Never Transferred
When a vehicle’s title is signed but not transferred, the vehicle’s seller didn’t transfer ownership or register the vehicle. When a vehicle’s title is not transferred, it is considered an open title. An open vehicle title means the seller of the car does not possess any legal liability to the vehicle because their name is not on the title.
If the buyer loses the title, the vehicle title will be temporarily open. The vehicle’s seller or the person listed on the vehicle is responsible for requesting a duplicate vehicle title, then signing it over to the buyer to put in their name.
Electronic Vehicle Title Transfers
You have two options if you don’t have a paper title and are a vehicle seller. You can apply for a duplicate/paper title and transfer the vehicle title in one transaction. This would mean that you already know who the car’s buyer will be and are willing to move forward with the process. If that is not the case, you can apply for a duplicate/paper title, then transfer the vehicle title when you have the vehicle’s title and a buyer.
1. Submit a completed Application for Duplicate or Lost in Transit/Reassignment for a Motor Vehicle
2. Pay the vehicle title transfer fee
You can submit the application and payment to your Florida county tax office in person or by mail if you’re outside the state. Once you receive your car title in your name, we are ready to walk you through the process of getting a car title loan! 5
How To Apply For An Auto Title Loan
When an individual is interested in applying for an auto title loan, the amount and the type of loan depend on how much your vehicle is worth. Max Cash Title Loans strives to take care of the approval process in three easy steps for your convenience.
- Begin the inquiry process about our loan application in Florida, reach out to us via phone, or through our website. We will ask you about the loan amount or cash advance you are looking for, along with specifics on your vehicle and income.
- and answer any questions you may have at no cost to you! Filling out an application only takes a few minutes, and our financial services are accessible to you! 5 Apply now or give us a call! Why wait? Once in contact, a loan agent will explain things a little further and talk to you about your qualifications/pre-approval. If you meet the basic requirements for a title loan, the search for the right lender will begin.5
- Get approved through the loan process for the type of loans you are looking for, and pick up your funds at one of the locations closest to you!
Why Wait? Call Us Now and Learn How to Transfer a Car Title in Florida!
It is reassuring to know that Max Cash Title Loans is here to help you get the cash you need. Even if your name is not on the title and you need help fixing it. We will guide you and answer any questions you may have at no cost to you! Filling out an application only takes a few minutes, and our financial services are accessible to you!5 Apply now or give us a call! Why wait?