You may have a few payments left towards your vehicle, but you could still need financial support. Your vehicle could be used to obtain a title loan to get cash fast! Obtaining a car title loan while you are financing a car is much more common than you might think.
How Can I Be Eligible for a Title Loan if I am Still Financing My Car?
Title loans are secured loans and offer more flexibility than traditional unsecured loans. Such as personal loans, payday loans, or a loan from a credit union. Since title loans are secured loans through collateral, your eligibility is based upon:
- The Value of Your Vehicle
- Your Income and Ability to Support a Monthly Payment
While many title loan lenders will still perform a credit check, your credit score is not the most important part of the approval process because of the collateral.
To get approved for a title loan, you will need to have a qualifying vehicle, a vehicle title in your name, and a reliable income for the repayment process! A qualifying vehicle is one that has resale value on the market.
Qualifying for a Car Title Loan While You are Making Car Payments
Title loans are called many different things, including title pawn, pink slip loan, and other types of loans. Regardless of the name, they work the same way! Title loans can be short term loans, or long-term loans depending on your lender and state, as they can roll over.
Even if you still owe money on your vehicle, you could be deemed eligible for a title loan if your car has value. If it has enough value, your lender can pay the remaining balance on your car loan, and they become your new loan lender!
To find out if your vehicle has equity, you can use our title loan calculator! If your vehicle qualifies for a title loan, you could receive a free loan estimate!
Applying for a Car Title Loan
Applying for a car title loan is much less of a hassle than other types of loans! With Max Cash Title Loans, we streamline the process. If approved, you could get your funds in as little as one business day!1 2
To apply for a car title loan, the car title must be in your name. If it is not, then you have another lienholder, or you do not legally own the car. If you have lost the copy of your title, you can request it from local Department of Motor Vehicles.
What Documents Will I Need to Apply?
The application process for a title loan can be done online, or over the phone! Like any other loan options, borrowers will need to submit a few documents in order to qualify for a car title loan.
While these specific documents may vary depending on your state, you can expect to submit these documents online:
- Proof of Income: In order to obtain a loan, a lender must make sure the borrower is able to repay it. While you do not need a traditional 9-5 job to apply for a loan, you will need bank statements or other proof of alternative income. Retirement benefit receivers, and those who are self-employed can submit alternative forms of income to apply!
- Proof of Identification: To prove you are who you say you are, you will need to submit a photo of a government issued photo ID. This could be your driver’s license, or any other form of government identification such as a passport. In some states, your FOID card will qualify!
- Proof of Address: Recent utility bills, and mail to your address can qualify as proof.
- Car Title: The title must be in your name in order to qualify as proof of a car title.
- Photos of the Vehicle: In some cases, you will need to submit photos of your vehicle for a lender to see what condition the vehicle is in.
What is the Application Process for a Car Title Loan Like?
Even if you are still financing your vehicle, the application process for an online car title loan is the same! Here at Max Cash Title Loans, we like the make the process as easy as possible, with just three simple steps:
- Submit a Short Form Online: This short inquiry form for your loan can be submitted online through our website, or over the phone with a loan agent at 855-561-5626. It can take just minutes to do!2
- Submit the Right Documents: These can be submitted online for your convenience via email.
- Collect Your Cash: If approved for your loan, the last step is to choose how to get your funds! Approved borrowers can often choose between a check in the mail, direct deposit to your bank account, or any local MoneyGram1 2
Don’t wait to see if your vehicle qualifies today! Get started by going online or calling a loan agent at 855-561-5626. We are available seven days a week to help answer any and all questions you have about your loan!