If you’ve ever found yourself holding an unexpected bill and wondering how you’d pay for it? If you’re considering a car title loan, you may be wondering how you’ll pay your loan back. Especially if money is already tight. No need to worry, Max Cash Title Loans has assembled a list of things you can do to pay back your car title loan. Read on to find out what you can do to pay back your car title loan! There are a few strategies you can employ to get rid of the stress of paying back your car title loan.
- Reduce Expenses
- Increase Income
How Can Planning Help Me Pay Down my Car Title Loan?
Starting to plan how you’ll pay your car title loan back before you get it can go a long way to alleviating any stress you may be experiencing. The first thing you should do is make sure you have a detailed budget. This allows you to see exactly where your money is going, and allows you to manipulate its allocation. For example, if you know you’re spending $200 a month on eating out and that seems like too much, you can set yourself the goal of only spending $150. If you achieve this, you’ll have an extra $50 every month.
Once you have a detailed budget, you need an understanding of how much you can expect to pay for your car title loan. Once you have this number, you can work around your budget to find the money you need to pay back your loan. But what happens if you’ve moved money around and you can’t seem to find enough to pay your loan back?
How Can I Reduce Expenses to Help Pay for a Car Title Loan?
If you’ve tried moving money around in your budget and you can’t seem to find enough to pay back your car title loan, you’ll have to look at reducing expenses. There are a few areas where it is generally easier to reduce your costs and save money.
- Food – If you eat out frequently, a great way to save money is to eat your meals in and take lunch to work. It requires more thinking ahead and time to actually prepare your meals, but it can save you a considerable amount of money. For example, let’s assume you spend $50 a week on groceries. If you eat lunch out at work, that can cost $10 or even $15 dollars, at least 20% of your grocery budget. That means eating lunch out five days a week is at least as much money as you spend on all your food for the rest of the week. Planning ahead can also help you avoid having to throw out food that has spoiled.
- Transportation – Do you drive a lot? Did you know that it’s estimated that the average cost per mile to operate a car is $0.60? That means if you have commute 15 miles to work each day, that’s over $15 per day spent on your car, between gas, wear and tear, insurance, etc. Switching to a bike, public transportation, or walking where possible can go a long way to helping you save money.
- Entertainment – Are you paying for cable that you don’t use? Do you have a bunch of video games you haven’t played or books you haven’t read, but keep buying more? Entertainment can be a real drain on your budget. You should cancel any subscriptions you aren’t using and try to find free ways to get your entertainment. For example, you can get books from the library or trade video games with your friends.
Okay, so you’ve done your budget and reduced your expenses, but you still want to find a little more money. What can you do?
Having a large, unanticipated expense to pay for can be stressful on its own. Even if you’ve covered it with using a car title loan, you still need to pay that loan back. Now you know though, through proper planning, and maybe a side gig, you can find the money to cover your car title loan payment each month. Max Cash Title Loans can be the helpful guide you need to navigate the world of car title loans. Simply contact Max Cash Title Loans today to get started!
At Max Cash Title Loans, we strive to provide our customers with all the information they need to make financially responsible decisions about their auto title loans. Our goal is to ensure you are with the right lender for the auto title loans that work for you. We want you to be able to pay off your loan with efficiency and ease, which is why we even encourage you to pay it off early if you’re able to. Therefore, we’ve put together some tips on how to repay a title loan fast- maybe even sooner than you thought possible!
1. Round Your Monthly Payment Up
If you want to make more than the minimum payment each month but aren’t sure how much more you should start with, you could try rounding the amount up. For example, if your minimum monthly payment was $164.23, you would round it up and pay an even $200. It could save you money on interest and shorten your loan term, thus help you repay a title loan faster!
2. Cut out Unnecessary Expenses
Try to think of any extra expenses in your budget that you could cut out; at least for the term of your car title loan. Try swapping a gym membership for workouts you can do at home for a while. Maybe get rid of your cable package and settle for only watching Hulu or Netflix for a couple of months. The money you save making these small switches can add up and help repay a title loan fast.
Most of the time, people justify personal expenses even if they can be cut back so get a trusted friend to go over your expenses with. Having an objective opinion helps with seeing the financial problems and optional areas you could change.
3. Make Money on the Side When you Can
If you have spare time, there are a few ways to pick up some extra money for paying your title loan fast. Each time you get paid or make a sale with these options, put it toward your car title loan right away. Small earnings here and there can really add up and chip away at auto title loans.
- Drive for Uber or Lyft.
- Test search engines, online stores, games and videos on sites like Inbox Dollars and Swagbucks.
- Sell your photography on Shutterstock or iStockphoto and receive a percentage of their revenue.
- Sell your things or clothes you don’t need with websites and apps like Letgo, Decluttr or Poshmark.
- Rent rooms in your house or apartment on AirBnB.
- Take paid online surveys.
- If you’re creative, sell crafts or art on Etsy.
- Find all kinds of freelance work on sites like Upwork.
- If you love dogs, sign up with Rover to make extra money walking and taking care of dogs!
How Can I Make Money to Pay for my Car Title Loan?
If you need to make some extra money to help pay for a car title loan, there’s a number of things you can try.
- Part-Time Job – If you get a part-time job that pays $10/hour and work 15 hours a week, that’s about $420 a month, after taxes. It may take up a fair chunk of your weekend, but it may just cover your car title loan.
- Join the Gig Economy – You’ve already got a car, why not put it to good use? You can drive for rideshare companies to make the extra money you need to cover your car title loan.
- Sell Things You No Longer Use – Everyone has things lying around their house that they no longer use. Other people might have a use for these things and can be willing to pay you money for them. After all, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
- Rent Out Unused Rooms – Do you have a spare room that’s been given over to storage? Do you ever use the stuff in it? Clean it out by using the tip above and furnish it as a bedroom. You can rent it out and make some side money.
4. Avoid Late Fees
With most auto title loans, missing payment deadlines may really cost you extra. Set up automatic payments with a lender through your bank account (if you have one) so that you never miss a due date. If you don’t have a bank account, set up due date reminders on your web calendar or on your smartphone.
5. Make at Least One Extra Payment a Year
If you can’t make extra payments all the time, at least try to make one a year. Consider putting your tax return money or a work bonus toward your car title loan as an extra payment to save on interest. This will also help you eliminate the temptation to spend it on something else before you get a chance to make your monthly payment.
6. Calculate Your Payoff Date for Motivation!
Use your repayment schedule to do some simple math to find out what date you will make your last payment on auto title loans. Each time you make extra payments, recalculate it. Having this date in mind won’t change your loan amount, but it can help with motivation to pay your title loan fast when you watch the date get sooner each time you make an extra payment.
Choose Max Cash Title Loans!
If you’re looking for fast and efficient funding, you want to start with the experts at Max Cash Title Loans. Max Cash Title Loans is proud to be the #1 Nationwide Title Loan Marketplace!