Title Max is one of the nation’s largest car title lending companies and has been in business since 1998. They claim to have streamlined the car title loan process to be as user-friendly as possible. We will say one thing, they accept any type of credit. The size of your title loan is determined by the amount of cash you need, your vehicle’s value, and your ability to repay. Please read this review to learn more about TitleMax Title Loan reviews and the service they offer.
Title Max Title Loan Summary
Minimum Loan Amount: $2,600
Maximum Loan Amount: $10,000
Loan Term: 30 days
Same Day Cash: TitleMax claims to have quick approval for a title loan online. Their website indicates that from start to finish it takes them as little as 30 minutes to put money in your pocket.
Most credit types accepted: You must have a car that’s paid off, and the title of the vehicle that you plan to use for the loan.
Rates: Rates will depend on your state law, income, and other financial factors. Although TitleMax doesn’t disclose its rates, most short-term lenders charge APR well above 300%.
Convenient payment options: The customer portal is available for their clients. Easily accessible on your desktop and mobile devices. Conveniently check the balance of your account, payment history, and payment due date(s). Make a payment at any time, whether you are at home or on the go.
Over 1,000 storefront locations: Title loans and title pawns are available in 17 states.
Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Online loans that include lines of credit are only available in Arizona, Delaware, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
Watch out for the following:
- Title Max Title Loans are not BBB Accredited.
- Default payment could lead to repossession.
- You must visit a storefront in most situations.
- TitleMax may not check your FICO credit score, but there is a chance it will pull your credit from alternate sources.
- The fees are not as transparent as we would like them to be and a high minimum loan amount of $2,600.
TitleMax Loan Requirements | TitleMax Title Loan Reviews
TitleMax offers title-secured loans/pawns and personal loans in-store and online.
- Car or motorcycle that’s paid off
- You must be at least 18 years old (19 years in Alabama)
- Lien-free car or motorcycle title
- A government-issued ID
For an in-store personal loan:
- An active bank account statement from within the past 60 days (If recurring deposits aren’t displayed on your active bank statement, you’ll need to show a pay stub from within the past 60 days or some other proof of income).
- A driver’s license or some other valid form of government-issued identification, such as a matriculates consular card or passport
- In AZ, a valid AZ motor vehicle registration is in your name.
For an online personal loan, depending on your state of residency, you will need to provide the following:
- Personal Information: Email, phone number, SSN, and valid ID
- An active bank account statement from within the past 60 days (If recurring deposits aren’t displayed on your active bank statement, you’ll need to show a paystub from within the past 60 days or some other proof of income).
- In AZ, a valid AZ vehicle registration is in your name.
More About TitleMax
When you visit a TitleMax store, you will need to bring a vehicle with a lien-free title in your name, government-issued photo ID, proof of income, and proof of current residence. Expect your vehicle will be inspected while you complete a full application.
If you’re approved, you will receive a contract with the loan amount based on your vehicle’s appraised value. At that point, you can sign the loan contract and receive your funds or take your business elsewhere if the loan you’re offered doesn’t suit your needs.
With TitleMax, you’ll have to start paying back your loan in about 30 days. At this point, you’ll either need to repay the amount you borrowed or refinance your loan. You can pay by cash, certified check, money order, or Western Union Quick Collect.
What do Customers Say About TitleMax?
When it comes to reviews, TitleMax has a variety of good and bad ones. Many customers are happy with the customer service they received at local TitleMax stores. While some borrowers state that TitleMax Title Loans are not as professional as they claim to be.
Borrowers often complain that some fees for title loans are hidden into the monthly payments. Look into your local store to see if it has its reviews before committing to a loan. Your experience may be different but it’s better to know what to expect ahead of time.
What are my Other Options Besides TitleMax | TitleMax Title Loan Reviews?
Payday loans, installment loans, and other unsecured loans can come with high interest rates. They can also come with hidden fees and may take you into a circle of debt if it is not managed accordingly. Other options are available but may require extra steps and more work.
Short-term loans can be a good option and make financial sense. Make sure to consider alternative options before you decide to apply. Title loans do have their risks, but if you need quick money and have a car or motorcycle to use as collateral, a title loan may provide you with emergency funds.
Read your loan contract before committing to something you might not be able to afford.